Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "...fatal error: ...: No such file or directory" Even when "..." file is present in the Solution Tre (Read 3225 times)
Phillip A. Gonzales

"...fatal error: ...: No such file or directory" Even when "..." file is present in the Solution Tre
Jul 2nd, 2019 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
I am trying to utilize some drivers that AtmelStart has created to enable the debounce functionality on the ATSAMD51 on the Adafruit Metro M4. 
From what I understand the way to do this is to edit the registers for the SAMD51, with the most efficient way to do that is to use the drivers. 
However, when I include the .h files which come with the drivers they are not detected.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2019 at 8:28pm by Phillip A. Gonzales »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: "...fatal error: ...: No such file or directory" Even when "..." file is present in the Solution Tre
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
The AtmelStartConfig is not an Arduino library and does not follow the Arduino 3rd part library specification.

We don't use the micro-api folder anymore it caused too much confusion for people who don't know Arduino. If you remove the micro-api folder then click "vMicro>Show hidden files" you will have all core and lib sources as shortcuts in the project.

Using short cuts ensures that the real arduino library and core rules are followed. 

Support for shared projects in Visual Studio is growing and with the new hardware debug in Visual Studio it makes Atmel Studio, which is more difficult to develop, less useful to Visual Micro. 

IP Logged

Phillip A. Gonzales

Re: "...fatal error: ...: No such file or directory" Even when "..." file is present in the Solution Tre
Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 9:03pm:
The AtmelStartConfig is not an Arduino library and does not follow the Arduino 3rd part library specification.

That makes a lot of sense why the AtmelStartConfig did not work.

However, I appreciate the _micro-apiĀ  as prior to its functionality I often had issues with editing the .h and .cpp file only to find out it was not being included when I ran the .ino.

Even if I move the AtmelStartConfig out of the _micro-api it still is unable to find it at compile time. 

Would it be worth switching over to VS w/ VM installed? 
Would that maintain the same functionality since AS7 is just a repackaged VS?

*Edit* I am reading your documentation of the AS7 v. VS found at https://www.visualmicro.com/page/User-Guide.aspx?doc=Getting-started-which-IDE.h...
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2019 at 4:27pm by Phillip A. Gonzales »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
1)
Arduino projects can only use files and folders in and below a sub folder called "\src". You can put code in the project folder, and the \src folder and any folder below the \src folder. 

2)
My suggestion would be to make your project work using the Arduino IDE and then open it from Visual Micro. This will force you to sure about what Arduino supports and how a project can be structured.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
By the way I forgot to ask if atmel added the Atmel Start Config to your project automatically. If it did then you should remove it for arduino. Normally you are prompted by Visual Micro when it detects Atmel had added invalid sources to the project. If you click Cancel to the prompt then the sources remain and need to be manually deleted.

IP Logged

Phillip A. Gonzales

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
No, I was trying to utilize the Atmel Start Config functionality. I now see that I will not be able to use the Arduino and Atmel Start functionality together.

I think I have found another way to edit the registers w/o the ASConfig files. 

I am unsure if that belongs in this thread.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Yes sounds like a useful/interesting new thread thanks.

IP Logged

Phillip A. Gonzales

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:23am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint