Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic No Watch/Local and other Windows in Debug>Windows dropdown (Read 1332 times)
ccdman
Newbies

No Watch/Local and other Windows in Debug>Windows dropdown
Jul 19th, 2019 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Hello,
I am using the paid version of VS Micro Pro with VS2017. Both have been updated to the current level. I set up GDB as per the instructions in https://www.visualmicro.com/page/ESP8266-Debugging.aspx.
The hardware is a NodeMCU 1.0 ESP8266.
When I reach for the familiar Debug | Windows drop down, I expected to see disassembly, watch, locals and other windows, but the only ones are:Breakpoints, Exception Settings,Output, Show Diagnostic Tools, and Immediate.

I have made a thorough search of all the forum posts and the web in general and have not been able to find an answer. Maybe Tim can pitch in and tell me what I am doing wrong ? Here is a screenshot:

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: No Watch/Local and other Windows in Debug>Windows dropdown
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:47am
Print Post  
From your screenshot it looks like you have the Serial Debugger selected.

If you go on the vMicro > Debugger Menu, and ensure that the options are set as below:
"Debug: Hardware"
"Hardware Debugger: GDB Stub"
"Compiler Optimisation: No Project + Libraries"

Just re-upload the sketch to the board and press Debug > Attach to Process when this is done, and the debug menu will change view, and show the rest of the watch windows etc.. you are missing.

Just to note in the help page below, the menus have been shown on the toolbar (Micro Board Debug Options), but are the same as you see in vMicro Debugger Menu.

https://www.visualmicro.com/page/ESP8266-Debugging.aspx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint