Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Debugging SAMD21 in Visual Studio with Visual Micro plugin and Atmel ICE (Read 1210 times)
crk
Newbies

Debugging SAMD21 in Visual Studio with Visual Micro plugin and Atmel ICE
Jul 25th, 2019 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone, i'm new here.
I searched a bit on the internet on how to solve my problem:
I have an arduino MKRZERO and i'm trying to program it in Visual Studio 2017 with Visual Micro plugin and Arduino 1.8.9;
i bought Atmel ICE programmer,
but when uploading it gives "error at91samd21g18.cpu clearing lockup after double fault"
Uploading bootloader works, and the strange thing is that after trying to upload my program and failing and loading bootloader, the previous program starts running!  Shocked
I wish to get full debugging on this setup, for example i even don't know what to choose under vMicro>Debugger menu, is first of all supported?
Thank you

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Debugging SAMD21 in Visual Studio with Visual Micro plugin and Atmel ICE
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Please post the info requested in yellow above so that we can see more clearly what you are trying to do and with which settings enabled.

Upload

Thanks, currently the Arduino definitions do not come with a reliable ICE programmer for upload. We will be releasing a version of visual micro over the comming few days that extends the Arduino programmers list with a full range of programmers. There are also some new tool bar options to make this quick and easy to select.

Debug
You would simply pick the ICE debugger from the Debugger menu or tool bar and also probably set Optimization to "No Project or Libraries"

So for now use normal serial/bootloader upload along alongside ICE debug and enable notifications in the Releases section of this forum so that you get to hear about the new release over next few days.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2019 at 8:33pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Joe Mattioni
Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Was there ever a resolution to this problem? 

I am having the exact same symptoms with an Adafruit Gemma M0 (SAMD21) using Atmel ICE programmer. Burning the boot loader again causes the prior program load via programmer to start running. The COM port is not working to upload even after burning the bootloader.

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Can you attach the logs requested at the top of the page, and also enable the vMicro > Uploader > Verbose option?

This is so we can fully understand which settings are enabled and which programmer is in use for burning the bootloader.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint