Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Icons in Solution Explorer (Read 1421 times)
G3WGV
Newbies

Icons in Solution Explorer
Jul 30th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
When I add a new .ino file to a project it initially shows up in the Solution Explorer as an Arduino file (Arduino "infinity" icon). On subsequent startups of VS the files are sometimes but not always shown as C++ files (++ icon). I can't find any trigger for this apparently random behaviour.

It's no big deal of course and it may be nothing to do with VM. It would be interesting to understand what's going on.

John.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Icons in Solution Explorer
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the post. What are you clicking when you add an .ino and which version of vs are you using?

IP Logged

G3WGV
Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Tim, thanks for the response.

I'm using VS 2019, although I saw the same behaviour when I was running VS 2015 until fairly recently. I click on the Add Code button in VS and then select the "Add empty Arduino .ino" option.

I should say that this really is no big deal, more of a curiosity really. It has no impact on functionality and I am a very contented (registered) user! 

John.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Thanks, it's still interesting. Possibly a bug related to vs. I think you see the icon because the arduino ide associated it during the windows install. Why vs then loses it I will look at sometime out of interest.

Thanks again

IP Logged

G3WGV
Newbies

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 8:26pm
Print Post  

Thanks Tim. I agree, it looks like some sort of association problem but I've so far failed to find what triggers it. 

I've been one of your happy band of users for some years now and the fact that this is the first time I have posted on the forum tells you that it's worked out well for me. You have a great product and I couldn't imagine going back to the Arduino IDE! Thank you!

John.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I hope that continues for you.

If you find time to leave some stars in the gallery that would be appreciated. It's difficult to get any traction on google.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualMicro.ArduinoIDEforVis...

Thanks again.

IP Logged

G3WGV
Newbies

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
I already gave VM five stars on 8th June 2016 and mean old Microsoft won't let me post another review! My opinion hasn't changed though: 

"Why did it take me so long to escape from the Arduino IDE to this vastly superior developer's environment? I am so impressed with this Visual Micro plug-in that I bought the Pro version well before the 45 day trial ran out.

"Anyone who uses this excellent product should support the author by paying for the Pro version. The support is excellent, it is not expensive and good software takes time and money to develop."

Thinks... I should send you some money for annual support. I didn't realise it was an option. [edit] Done!
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019 at 9:53pm by G3WGV »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint