Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-
  • Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties and Verbose
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Visual Micro Arduino Command Line Interface failes to build Project from command line (Read 216 times)
stm
Newbies

Visual Micro Arduino Command Line Interface failes to build Project from command line
Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:09pm

I am trying to automate a build of a project using your Command Line Interface tool (https://www.visualmicro.com/page/Visual-Micro-Command-Line-Interface.aspx).

The project builds from within Visual Studio but the build fails from the command line. Already the first header file that is used from one of our own libraries is not found and the build fails.

To me it looks like the "AdditionalIncludeDirectories" property of the project file is not respected when using the Command Line Interface. Also the additional defines don't seem to be used for the CLI build.

The AdditionalIncludeDirectories property from the project .vcxproj file looks as follows:

Code:
 <PropertyGroup />
  <ItemDefinitionGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|Win32'">
    <ClCompile>
      <WarningLevel>Level3</WarningLevel>
      <Optimization>Disabled</Optimization>
      <SDLCheck>true</SDLCheck>
      <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>$(ProjectDir)..\RunningTargetMotor;$(ProjectDir)..\libraries\MinionSanityCheck\src; ...

Attachment 1: Failing build log of CLI
Attachment 2: Working build log of Visual Studio

Let me know if you need more details of anything. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:25pm by stm »  

IP Logged

stm
Newbies

Re: Visual Micro Arduino Command Line Interface failes to build Project from command line
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 11:37am

There has been no reply to my question.. can I expect someone to reply in the near future or do you not support your Command Line Interface tool anymore?

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: Visual Micro Arduino Command Line Interface failes to build Project from command line
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 1:02pm

Sorrt this post was missed. We will produce a fix over the next week. Thanks for the nudge.

IP Logged

stm
Newbies

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 7:06pm

Hello Tim
No worries, thanks for looking into this.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2019 at 7:06pm by stm »  

IP Logged

stm
Newbies

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 4:52pm

Hello Tim
Do you have on update on this?
Thanks

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 11:01am

Yes sorry for the delay. There is a fix being tested that should be released at the weekend.

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Reply #6 - Yesterday at 2:37pm

Sorry this took so long. The command line tool has been updated.

Visual Micro Command Line Tool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print