Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is this a known issue with VisualMicro? (Read 1360 times)
David Lowndes
Newbies

Is this a known issue with VisualMicro?
Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I reported what I believed at the time was a reproducible VS bug to MS, but they've now come back and say that it's a VisualMicro issue. Are you aware of this?

Here's my bug report to MS: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/670842/vs-hangs-when...

And the MS comment:
Quote:
We have determined that the feedback applies to another product: As the problem has nothing to do with read only files. It us caused by InApp.IsSketchProject(object oProject)
which violates threading rules. It has to switch to UI thread before calling VCCLCompilerToolShim.PreprocessorDefinitions.
We recommend that you submit the feedback to that product team at https://www.visualmicro.com/ for Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.15.dll VS extensions.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Is this a known issue with VisualMicro?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the report. VS recently forced all extensions to work Async and this looks like a hang over from that. It hasn't been an issue in prev vs version but obviously is with the latest.

It is difficult to know which vs commands require switch to main thread before use. It's not well documented.

We will fix during the next week.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:54pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
We switch to te main thread before accessing the cpp compiler properties in Visual Micro 1910.15

Thanks again for the report. The release will be posted to the gallery during the coming week but is already available here:-

https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=VS_ARDUINO_EXT_RELEASES

IP Logged

David Lowndes
Newbies

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
I'm glad MS's comment was useful to you. I don't think the problem I reported to them was actually anything to do with VisualMicro as I can reproduce it on a machine without VM installed - but they have re-opened my bug report and should be looking at it again.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Funny thanks for the update. I couldn't reproduce but have wrapped the compiler access in main thread anyway. Maybe the code will be removed at some future stage but it's better than having them blame us Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint