Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 'No such file or directory' while including file (Read 2196 times)
bivalvo
Newbies

'No such file or directory' while including file
Sep 15th, 2019 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone.

I was trying to add a linked file as is explained on this page:

https://www.visualmicro.com/post/2016/05/27/Sharing-code-between-projects.aspx

But when I try to compile I get the next error:

"Severity      Code      Description      Project      File      Line
Error            10:26: fatal error: *****.h: No such file or directory            C:\..."

Do I need to do something else apart from what is explained on that page?

Thank you a lot.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: 'No such file or directory' while including file
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Please foloow the guide in yellow above

IP Logged

bivalvo
Newbies

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Sorry, here you have:

Code (C++)
Select All
Compiling 'ProjectF' for 'ATtiny w/ ATtiny85'
Build Folder: 85/Release"
Summary: Header=1 Prototypes=6 Imports=0
Additional Defines:
Architecture Tools: "file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/"
Api: 1903240
Sketch Book: "file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Arduino"
Sketch Include Paths
Core Include Paths
Include Path "file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino"
Include Path 1/variants/tiny8"

Deep search for libraries ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=attiny85   -DF_CPU=1000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_attiny -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" ants\tiny8" se\ProjectF.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=attiny85   -DF_CPU=1000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_attiny -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" ants\tiny8" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src" se\ProjectF.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=attiny85   -DF_CPU=1000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_attiny -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" ants\tiny8" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src" -I"C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.2" se\ProjectF.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=attiny85   -DF_CPU=1000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_attiny -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" ants\tiny8" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src" -I"C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.2" se\ProjectF.cpp" -o "nul"

ProjectF.ino: 10:26: fatal error: ProtocoloUser.h: No such file or directory
   compilation terminated

An error was encountered during the 'Deep Search' library discovery process.
Build failed for project 'ProjectF' 

-----------

I've added the files as is explained on the tutorial, but the directory that contains this files do not appear after the -I parameter... It is not supposed to appear there?
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2019 at 3:10pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
You have not followed the guide in yellow so it is more difficult to assist you.

There is a simple project here with a .h and a .cpp that have been added as a short cut. The two files exist in a parent folder outside of the main project. That builds okay for me.

http://www.visualmicro.com/downloads/sketch1.zip

If you continue to have a problem then please follow the guide above and also include your .cppproj file so we can see what sources you have configured and how.

IP Logged

bivalvo
Newbies

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
I've solved my problem.

It was the include that I've added on 'ProtocoloUser.c', which was between <> instead of being between "".

Sorry for not following the rules in yellow. The first time I didn't read them and the second one I misunderstood the text (I'm not english).

I'm so sorry, I always try to follow the rules.

And again, thank you! You are making a great job with all of this!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
No problem, great thanks for letting us know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint