Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Arduino ide vs visual micro (Read 1502 times)
Tig
Newbies

Re: Arduino ide vs visual micro
Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue and cannot seem to fix it. The code compiles fine in the Arduino IDE software. If can see the FS library listed in VS2019 Micro Explorer under Espressif. I'm compiling for an ATMega 2560. 
Any help greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
The FS library is supplied with the esp hardware. If you have one for the mega2560 then you must have downloaded it manually? In which case it sounds like you have a different sketchbook folder specified in arduino to the one you have set in visual micro. User installed libraries are placed into sketchbook\libraries.

In any event please follow the guide in the yellow box above so we can see what paths you have entered into your config. This info is always required to assist with compiler issues.

ps: Please create your own thread with any questions. Whilst your issue might sound similar to another users report atmel studio is a different IDE and library issues are usually config. So it is easier to help people if they create their own threads. Thanks
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2019 at 1:28pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Tig
Newbies

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Hi, thanks for your reply. Please accept my apologies for not following the correct processes. 
Your comment on the library locations caused me to try one more thing which seems to have fixed the issue for me. 
I did a complete uninstall of Arduino IDE including deleting the library folder then reinstalled everything. I must have had something messed up with my install as now the issue in VS2019 is gone. 
Anyway - all good now and thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint