Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sketch won't upload after crash and Compile.vmps.xml corruption - SOLVED (Read 753 times)
FrankP

Sketch won't upload after crash and Compile.vmps.xml corruption - SOLVED
Oct 6th, 2019 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
VS2017/VM 1.1908.5

My system crashed overnight with several VS/VM windows open, and I had to physically turn off the PC to get it back. After it came up and I opened a Arduino sketch in VS, I got an error message saying VM couldn't open Compile.vmps.xml.  I looked at this file and it was obviously corrupted (all NULLs), so I deleted it, expecting it to be re-created on the next compile (it was).

However, the sketch still wouldn't upload, so I took another look and found the file 'Upload.vmps.xml' was also corrupted.  I retrieved previous copies of both the 'Compile' and 'Upload' files from my [shameless plug here] AJC Active Backup archive, and then all was well.

So, if you have strange behavior after a crash, you might try looking in the project's _vm folder for corrupted files.

Frank

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Sketch won't upload after crash and Compile.vmps.xml corruption - SOLVED
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Never heard of this issue but restarting the ide after delteing the file would have allowed the recreate to happen. Opening or making active another project also drops the runtime cache.  It sounds like you might want to run chkdsk on your disk.

You can delete the _vm folder then close and restart the ide.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint