Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Temp folder not clearing correctly ? (Read 1079 times)
Harrzack

Temp folder not clearing correctly ?
Oct 20th, 2019 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Greets to all!
I am working with TeensyDuino in VS2019 Community, Ard 1.8.10 IDE and apparently I have VM 1909.27.0 installed.  I've had this issue a couple times now.  I'm reworking an Arduino app for Teensy.  I had this fixed but it is back now!

When I run a rebuild I get many errors for "PinChangeInterrupt.h...." I have REMOVED that library from the new Teensy project, but VS seems to think it is still there.

Below is the path from the end of the error message, and I'm enclosing a screen-shot of the ...Temp folder where it appears PinChangeInterrupt is still being referenced.  AFAIK it has be completely removed from the project.  

Is this a prob with the additional TeensyDuino code?  I'm posting here first as PJRC may not use VS/VM.   Shocked

Code
Select All
Error running output capture
	Preprocess: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\..\tools\arm\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc-ar" rcs Interrupt\PinChangeInterrupt.a" Interrupt\PinChangeInterrupt.cpp.o"
Unable to archive compiled files
Error running preprocessor recipes
Error running output capture
Error compiling libraries
Build failed for project 'CICStepperT35'

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Temp folder not clearing correctly ?
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Regardless of the folder being there (Build>Clean clears the temp) the issue sounds related to the fact that your code still uses the library or the library is still present as a shared project in the solution with reference from arduino project to the library.

Please submit the info requested in yellow above so we can see what is actually referenced by your code during the build.

The temp folder is not built or linked as a whole, only the sources discovered during compile are built and linked.

IP Logged

Harrzack

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Tim  - all is well again!  It seems a file called MyProject.component.ino
got created (How?) and it had all the code from the Arduino script I'm replacing with Teensy. So there was PCI being ref'd - but didn't know to look in THAT file!  Cheesy   Also did the VS update and now running VM 1910_12.2.

Thanks for getting back to me.

=A.

Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Oct 20th, 2019 at 8:57pm:
Regardless of the folder being there (Build>Clean clears the temp) the issue sounds related to the fact that your code still uses the library or the library is still present as a shared project in the solution with reference from arduino project to the library.

Please submit the info requested in yellow above so we can see what is actually referenced by your code during the build.

The temp folder is not built or linked as a whole, only the sources discovered during compile are built and linked.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Great. Thanks for the update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint