Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wire.h missing in VMicro but Arduino IDE compiles properly (Read 2463 times)
Chuck_P
Newbies

Wire.h missing in VMicro but Arduino IDE compiles properly
Nov 23rd, 2019 at 2:12am
Print Post  
I recently updated Arduino IDE to 1.8.10 and Atmel Studio 7.0.2389. I am using Atmel Studio and vMicro to build and upload code to Arduino Zero boards and Adafruit Metro M0 Express boards. My project consists of roughly 10 .ino files and two .h files. One of my .h files contains the following includes:

#include <Arduino.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Servo.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include "Adafruit_MotorShield.h"
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SSD1306.h>

Prior to upgrading Atmel Studio 7 and the Arduino IDE, my code would build and upload successfully on Atmel Studio using vMicro.

After upgrading, a simple ino file that includes Wire.h builds and uploads properly via the Arduino IDE but Atmel Studio fails the build process for Arduino Zero boards as follows:

Build failed for project 'Topper_1'
Topper_1.ino:21: In file included from

Externs.h: 19:10: fatal error: Wire.h: No such file or directory
   #include <Wire.h>
   ^~~~~~~~
   compilation terminated

The same error occurs when building for the Adafruit Metro M0 Express board when the micro controller application is set to Arduino 1.6/1.8. 

However, a build for the Afafruit Metro M0 Express complete successfully when the micro controller application is set to Visual Micro (No IDE). This same change does not work for my Arduino Zero board.

Guidance to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Wire.h missing in VMicro but Arduino IDE compiles properly
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Due to a packaging mistake the atmel studio release this week did not support arduino 1.8.10. There is a new 1911.23 release being posted shortly. 

It will be in the releases section of this forum later today and in the Gallery next week.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2019 at 5:20pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint