Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannot activate Visual Micro (Read 1378 times)
popobawa
Newbies

Cannot activate Visual Micro
Dec 29th, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Hi
I've reinstalled Windows and Visual studio and when I try to activate Visual Micro plugin with my licence key, I got an error 403 (limit of activation exeeded).
Why is it so? I did not activate this licence key more than once

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Cannot activate Visual Micro
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2019 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Hi,

If you purchased a key in the past then do one of the following:-

1) If the purchase was within the last 12 months then email your key to the email address shown in yellow above and request a reset due to re-install. (We respond quickly but you can start the trial so that you don't get any downtime. Activating paid licences resets the trial counter so another trial is always available to you)

2) If you purchased over 12 months ago please buy the support which is shown on the "Contact" page and at the bottom of the "Buy" page on visualmicro.com. The support is low price, automatically resets your license install count and funds updates/assistance for at least 12 months.

If you have never purchased a license then your trial has ended so please purchase.

Thank you

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2019 at 7:27pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

PK Green

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Does anyone else think this is a bit of a sleezy trick to require buying support to re-install software we already purchased??

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
A couple of people do but most don't. It's easy to forget all the free updates most users have received for many years before requiring human assistance. The buy screen always said their might be a nominal charge for support/updates after 12 months and as you know it is only requested after a signficant period of time. 

We have tried to be ultra fair, the support is really cheap.

You spent $20 in 2015 for a product for VS2015 and since then have enjoyed free updates for much later VS and Arduino IDE versions. I don't think requesting $10 support after 4 years and having given so much is something to complain about. Far from it!
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2020 at 12:00am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint