Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-
  • Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties and Verbose
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Serial monitor on Wifi port connection (Read 162 times)
Luis Cerato
Newbies

Serial monitor on Wifi port connection
Feb 13th, 2020 at 3:58pm

Hello, I want to know where the serial monitor connect to when I choose a IP direction instead of serial COM port.

Once the code is loaded over OTA on ESP32 board, if I open the serial monitor it connect to somewhere. At least the Connect status turn green, indicating it's connected.

So, where it connect? To some port on the ESP32 board? Or, is there a way to use this connection to show remote data?

Regards.

Captura_002.PNG (14 KB | )
Captura_002.PNG

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: Serial monitor on Wifi port connection
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2020 at 5:32pm

We are working on the OTA debugger and also the terminal for Esp boards. Hopefully available over the next or so.

Currently Ip address terminal is for Arduino boards that use SSH but that is an older more cumbersome system than the ESP solution.

IP Logged

Simon Hopkinson
Administrator

Re: Serial monitor on Wifi port connection
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 6:42pm

In the latest forum release the Serial Debugger will work over the UDP transport on the ESP32 platform, to give a wireless debugging experience with all the Break/Watch/@plot etc.. features of the Serial Debugger.... just not the wires.

There is a walk through video on YouTube, and we will update when we have finalised the route to output your own custom messages to the Serial monitor window.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print