Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wrong compiler associated (Read 660 times)
Daniil B.
Newbies

Wrong compiler associated
Mar 8th, 2020 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
I use visual micro for a while (vs 2017 community previously, now vs2019 community), recently this thing started - I get  pop-up message (attached, I whitened out my project name) for every new or old project, I have for every file I open, it does it twice before and after the compilation, so it's basically for every action so a bit annoying. I don't see anything on this forum or documentation on how to fix this.

Also compilation works fine ..just intellisense doesn't work. 
Can you guys give some advice on how to fix this.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2020 at 6:35pm by Daniil B. »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Wrong compiler associated
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2020 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Hi

That message appears if you have the wrong type of vcxproj or the file is missing the CLCompile tool. The CLCompile tool is standard for all Microsoft VC++ projects.

It might simply be that in the vcproject properties you have switch to a make file or other project type. Right click the project name and look at the standard visual studio project properties. Make sure the type of app is set to "Application (.exe)" and NOT "Make File"

If that is not the problem...

Please zip and email the .vcxproj file from your sketch folder to the address in yellow above so we can see what you have in the vs project file. Then delete the file and re-open the sketch using "File>Open Arduino Project". This will create a new project file for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint