Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Upload fails, when updated to newest version: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: res (Read 1421 times)
cabecinha
Newbies

Upload fails, when updated to newest version: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: res
Apr 9th, 2020 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Hi.

I used to use the visualmicro for a long time(don't remember the exact version I had).

I had to format my pc and now, using Visual Studio 2019 and latest version of visualmicro it completes the upload only once.

If I want to upload again, I have to reconnect my arduino board to the USB cable.

PS. When uploading from arduino IDE it works perfect all the time.

Any idea?

Tks
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:35pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Compile only once, when updated to newest version
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Please follow the guide in yellow above and post the output after it has failed.

IP Logged

cabecinha
Newbies

Re: Compile only once, when updated to newest version
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hello. Just did.

tks

Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 6:56pm:
Please follow the guide in yellow above and post the output after it has failed.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Upload fails, when updated to newest version: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Ah thanks sorry I missed that. The compile is fine but the upload is failing. I have changed the title of the thread to make it easier to see.

This issue can sometimes show itself in either visual micro or the arduino ide. Sometimes related to cables and sometimes the usb driver. Please try to update from arduino 1.8.9 to the latest arduino ide 1.8.12. The toolchain has been updated and might resolve the issue.

stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xe0

If you switch on the verbose upload on the uploader menu you will see the upload command. It is a one liner that can be pasted into a .bat or added to a cmd.exe command line. It should also fail.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:37pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

cabecinha
Newbies

Re: Upload fails, when updated to newest version: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: res
Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Hello.

I don't believe that the problem is with cables or arduino, because I can upload multiple times when uploading directlly from Arduino IDE. The problem only happen when I use visual studio.

Please check the logs. Now the Upload verbose is active.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Upload fails, when updated to newest version: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: res
Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I explained that the issue with avrdude can happen in either arduino or visual micro. It's a random long standing issue that fortnately isn't hit by many users. You will see many threads on the web about it.

I see you are using a custom board package that has its own avrdude. Please submit a verbose output from the arduino ide (file>preferences>verbose upload) so that we cn be sure the arduino ide uses the same copy of the toolchain.

This is the upload command from your output. Try it in cmd.exe and see if it works. Then try a second time.

Code
Select All
ino5\bin\avrdude" duino5/etc/avrdude.conf" -v -V -patmega328p -carduino "-PCOM6" -b57600 -D sfdnlkjgfdshnegfdkh.ino.hex:i" 

The above command is how upload works so there isn't too much to get wrong.

I can also tell you it is not just about cables and board. An example from the past that a user found that adding just a little more code resolved the issue. In that case avrdude was hitting from magic internal limit that caused an issue.

Look forward to seeing the arduino output and hearing the results.

Thanks

nb: The arduino has the Uploader>Verify option on by default. It's possible that causing a verify makes the toolchain happier. I might be wrong but worth mentioning. You can enable "verify" on the vMicro>Uploader menu.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2020 at 1:47pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

cabecinha
Newbies

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Hello, there!

First of all, thank you for your great explanation!

Well the problem is with optiboot.

When I use the arduino uno with 16Mhz it works perfect.

My problem is that I had to put a crystal and 2 extra capacitor.. I really  need to use the optiboot in some projects, so I need to contact them for some help..

Tks a lot!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint