Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic AGauge (Read 1811 times)
djg
Newbies

AGauge
Apr 18th, 2020 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
As requested...still interested in a debugger extension, although the web page may be interesting as well.
Thanks,
djg

Hi,
Quote:

Thanks I have removed the codeproject link from the page because the author appears to have removed the project.

If you open a forum thread with your question we might be able to point you to a few solutions. There is a newer solution at experimental stage that has already been release. It launches and uses a web page on the local pc to display the debug output. This might be a better medium for you to consider because working in html/bootstrap/jquery etc. is easier than building a windows .exe that requires vs to be restarted to test.

Anyway we can discuss more in the forum.

Quote:

Sent: 07 April 2020 20:26
To: Info @ visualmicro.com <info@visualmicro.com>
Subject: AGauge

First, I believe that the image on this page:
[Open Source Arduino Debugger Extensibility Pack - Visualizations](https://bit.ly/2JLHfxB)
...may be incorrect as clicking on it shows the AGauge example...speaking of which...is the source available for AGauges? I've written VS Visualizers back in the day but can't find my code and want to start w/an example of a few sliders, a couple of digital readouts, etc. I need to grab values from the sliders/knobs, send it to the board, and then have the board send something back.
Thanks,
djg
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2020 at 8:09pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

djg
Newbies

Re: AGauge
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Any possible solutions or should I start looking elsewhere?
Thanks,
djg

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Sorry for to package this up for you. The attached zip is the source of the AGuage.

Near the end of tools > options > visual micro you will find the location of where visual micro is installed. Below that location is a folder called "Micro Extensions". You will see the AGuage folder has an xml and a dll. That is required for the basic control to work but you can drop the source from the zip over the top. The zip contains the .xml which is required for an extension to be discovered.

If I recall you can also put your own extensions in "mydocuments/visual micro/micro extensions" or move the vm ones to that location.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

djg
Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Thanks but...
Downloaded, unzipped and tried to build but it looks like there are missing assemblies:

using Visual.Micro.Debugger;
using Visual.Micro.Debugger.Extensions;

Please advise.
Thanks,
djg

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
They are in the visual micro folder. The project just produces the dll that is the extension we loaded to show the guage in visual micro. It uses the dlls from the running visual micro instance at runtime but the project should also to the dlls for the build.

What location did you use for your test project build?

IP Logged

djg
Newbies

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Originally I unzipped/built it my Download folder. After your reply I looked in VSM's Options and discovered the installation hierarchy:

Code
Select All
├───Classes
│   └───BuilderProjectTypes
├───Code Snippets
│   └───Cpp
│       └───VisualMicro
├───ItemTemplates
│   ├───VC
│   │   └───1033
│   │       └───Visual.Micro.VSItem.INO
│   └───Visual.Micro.VSItem.INO
├───Micro Debuggers
│   └───WebDebugger
│       ├───css
│       ├───images
│       └───js
├───Micro Extensions
│   ├───Debugger Visualizations
│   │   ├───AGaugeApp
│   │   │   ├───bin
│   │   │   ├───obj
│   │   │   │   ├───Debug
│   │   │   │   │   └───TempPE
│   │   │   │   ├───Release
│   │   │   │   ├───Simons Debug Config
│   │   │   │   ├───VMBuilder_Debug
│   │   │   │   ├───VS2015_Debug
│   │   │   │   ├───VS2017 Debug
│   │   │   │   ├───VS2017_GDB
│   │   │   │   ├───VS2019 Debug
│   │   │   │   └───VS2019_Preview_Debug
│   │   │   │       └───TempPE
│   │   │   └───Properties
│   │   ├───AGaugeApp - Copy
│   │   │   ├───bin
│   │   │   └───Properties
│   │   ├───AnalogGraphExample
│   │   │   └───bin
│   │   ├───DigitalPinsExample
│   │   │   └───bin
│   │   ├───MultiPlot
│   │   │   └───bin
│   │   └───PerformanceMonitor
│   │       └───bin
│   └───VSProject
│       └───Blank
├───Micro Platforms
│   ├───arduino10x
│   │   └───hardware
│   │       └───avr
│   ├───arduino15x
│   │   └───hardware
│   │       ├───avr
<etc.>
└───ProjectTemplates
    ├───Visual Micro
    │   ├───visualmicro_Arduino
    │   │   └───src
    │   └───visualmicro_ArduinoBlink
    ├───visualmicro_Arduino
    │   └───src
    ├───visualmicro_libraryproject
    │   └───src
    └───visualmicro_sharedproject

I discovered that what you posted here was already installed in:
Code
Select All
Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp 

I made a backup of what was installed, unzipped what was posted into the
Code
Select All
Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp 

folder and opened the
Code
Select All
AGaugeApp.soln 

file and tried to build, which yielded the following errors/warnings (I left off the messages):

Code
Select All
Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Source	Suppression State
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Visual' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	8	IntelliSense	Active
Warning		The referenced project nsions.csproj' does not exist.	AGaugeApp			Build
Warning		The referenced component 'Visual.Micro.Debugger.DataExtensions' could not be found.	AGaugeApp			Build
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Visual' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	8	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Visual' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	9	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Visual' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	9	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'MicroDebugDataVisualizationControlBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	13	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'ExpressionValuesChangedArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	23	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'DebugStateChangedArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	29	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS1061	'AGaugeAppExample' does not contain a definition for 'OnDebugStateChanged' and no accessible extension method 'OnDebugStateChanged' accepting a first argument of type 'AGaugeAppExample' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	18	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS1061	'AGaugeAppExample' does not contain a definition for 'OnDataExpressionValuesChanged' and no accessible extension method 'OnDataExpressionValuesChanged' accepting a first argument of type 'AGaugeAppExample' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	19	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0103	The name 'MicroDebuggerStates' does not exist in the current context	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	33	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0103	The name 'MicroDebuggerStates' does not exist in the current context	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	38	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0103	The name 'MicroDebuggerStates' does not exist in the current context	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	43	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0103	The name 'MicroDebuggerStates' does not exist in the current context	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	48	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0103	The name 'MicroDebuggerStates' does not exist in the current context	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.cs	53	IntelliSense	Active
Error	CS0115	'AGaugeAppExample.Dispose(bool)': no suitable method found to override	AGaugeApp	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\Extensions\x5p2lcxw.i4g\Micro Extensions\Debugger Visualizations\AGaugeApp\aGaugeAppExample.Designer.cs	14	IntelliSense	Active

Please advise.
Thanks,
djg

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Ah I see sorry

You should remove the Visual.Micro.Debugger.DataExtensions.csproj from "References" and then add a Reference to the Visual.Micro.Debugger.DataExtensions.dll using the Browse button on the Add Reference dilog
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2020 at 4:32pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint