Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic goto Implementation (Read 1600 times)
Aaron
Newbies

goto Implementation
Apr 21st, 2020 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Is there a workaround to get "goto Implementation" to work in Atmel Studio 7 with Visual Micro?

I'm returning to Visual Micro as I try to teach a class that is now online, and would like to be able to show students how the Arduino implementation works, compared to other options if they were working bare metal c or c++.

For example, it would be nice when explaining PWM signals to be able to go to the implementation of analogWrite, and then navigate to the *.h file that has the settings for special function registers TCCRnA and TCCRnB. Ultimately, I would like to show students how these setting correspond to the signal output on the pin via oscilloscope capture.

I thought I could do this years ago when I first used visual micro. Is it not possible in ATMEL Studio?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: goto Implementation
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Maybe this is more of a question for atmel or VisualAssistX who write the Atmel intellisense plugin.

One thing that can help is to click the "vMicro>Show Hidden Files", it is a toggle that adds and removes short cuts with the unerlying Arduino source. Does not affect compile.

or try Visual Studio 2019
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2020 at 9:16am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint