Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) The file or assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = (Read 6046 times)
wenter106
Newbies

The file or assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken =
May 7th, 2020 at 9:21am
Print Post  
my environment is VS2019,I download the vmicro in VS2019。
but after I done it . The vmicro does not work. when I am click the setting , the vmicro show:
[b]The file or assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a" or one of its dependencies could not be loaded. The system can not find the file specified.[/b]
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2020 at 9:24am by wenter106 »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Re: The file or assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken =
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:22am
Print Post  
who can help me!  it make me mad~~~~ Sad

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: The file or assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken =
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:36am
Print Post  
That report shows a Microsoft file is missing. Try to run repair on Visual Studio via Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Visual Studio 2019 > Repair.

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 9:36am:
That report shows a Microsoft file is missing. Try to run repair on Visual Studio via Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Visual Studio 2019 > Repair.

hello!I have followed the above steps twice, but it is not useful at all.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2020 at 11:37am
Print Post  
We have looked at this again and the microsoft files are outside of our install package, and are installed with .NET.

Can you confirm what folders are present in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework" ?

Also in the latest version (e.g. 4.8) can you confirm if the "Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll" file is present, and what version it is?
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2020 at 12:24pm by Simon@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2020 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 11:37am:
We have looked at this again and the microsoft files are outside of our install package, and are installed with .NET.

Can you confirm what folders are present in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework" ?

Also in the latest version (e.g. 4.8) can you confirm if the "Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll" file is present, and what version it is?

Thank you very much! Please tell me after the update and send me the download link.~~~ : Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2020 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Apologies, but upon further investigation we have found this is not updated from within our Package, but from the .NET framework installation itself.

Would it be possible to send us the information in the modified post above so we can investigate further?

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2020 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 2:21pm:
Apologies, but upon further investigation we have found this is not updated from within our Package, but from the .NET framework installation itself.

Would it be possible to send us the information in the modified post above so we can investigate further?

oh,what information should I send to you? I am very confused now.~

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #8 - May 7th, 2020 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Apologies for any confusion.

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #9 - May 7th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 2:33pm:
Apologies for any confusion.

of cause!  Look:

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Brilliant, thanks.

Would it be possible to download the .Net Framework Setup Verification Tool from Microsoft from the "Download Location" at below link, and run it for .Net 4.7.2?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archive/blogs/astebner/net-framework-setup-veri...

When this has run there is a "View Log" button, and if you can attach the log once it has run it may reveal further information to help us diagnose further.

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #11 - May 7th, 2020 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 2:55pm:
Brilliant, thanks.

Would it be possible to download the .Net Framework Setup Verification Tool from Microsoft from the "Download Location" at below link, and run it for .Net 4.7.2?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archive/blogs/astebner/net-framework-setup-veri...

When this has run there is a "View Log" button, and if you can attach the log once it has run it may reveal further information to help us diagnose further.

oh here is the verification 's View Log for 4.7.2:

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #12 - May 7th, 2020 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Brilliant, there are some warnings in the file for the "Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll" stating that it is not installed.

Code
Select All
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File 4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File  is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File 5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualC.Dll is not installed on the system 

Sadly the .NET Framework Repair Tool from Microsoft is only available up to Windows 7, so I believe the next best step is to uninstall and re-install the framework from Control Panel.

To do this you will need to go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Windows Features, and un-check the .NET 4.5 Advanced Services box, and continue. Once complete restart your PC and then repeat the process and enable the checkbox again to re-install. 

Of course this carries its own risks, so please be sure you are comfortable doing this, as it is outside of our product. 

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #13 - May 7th, 2020 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 3:51pm:
Brilliant, there are some warnings in the file for the "Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll" stating that it is not installed.

Code
Select All
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File 4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File  is not installed on the system
[05/07/20,23:04:31] ***WARNING*** File 5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualC.Dll is not installed on the system 

Sadly the .NET Framework Repair Tool from Microsoft is only available up to Windows 7, so I believe the next best step is to uninstall and re-install the framework from Control Panel.

To do this you will need to go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Windows Features, and un-check the .NET 4.5 Advanced Services box, and continue. Once complete restart your PC and then repeat the process and enable the checkbox again to re-install. 

Of course this carries its own risks, so please be sure you are comfortable doing this, as it is outside of our product. 

One question, do I need to uninstall VS2019 before reinstalling NET 4.5?!!
Can you tell me Can you tell me the installation order of NET 4.5, VS2019 and vmirco?

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #14 - May 7th, 2020 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
My understanding is if you close all VS Instances, you should be able to re-install .NET as needed without affecting it, or Visual Micro.

The Repair tool does run on Win10 it appears, and may be worth running on your machine to see if it does see any issues with any particular .NET versions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-...

IP Logged

wenter106
Newbies

Reply #15 - May 8th, 2020 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on May 7th, 2020 at 5:52pm:
My understanding is if you close all VS Instances, you should be able to re-install .NET as needed without affecting it, or Visual Micro.

The Repair tool does run on Win10 it appears, and may be worth running on your machine to see if it does see any issues with any particular .NET versions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-...

I used all these methods but they were useless. Finally, I reinstalled the win10 system to solve the problem. thank you. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint