Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS2019 Com Port Number Changes With multiple VS instances (Read 663 times)
FrankP

VS2019 Com Port Number Changes With multiple VS instances
Jun 16th, 2020 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I often am working with two Arduino modules at the same time and have two (or more) VS2019 instances active, each one communicating with its Arduino module on a different COM port.  I have noticed that when I upload a program to one module using its COM port, the COM port of the other instance gets changed to the same port number.

For instance, right now I'm working with a Teensy 3.5 module on COM port 4, and an Arduino Mega on COM port 8.  When I click on F5 in the Teensy program to upload the program via COM 4, the Arduino Mega  VS2019 instance COM port changes from 8 to 4 at the conclusion of the upload.  If I then change the port number back to 8 to program the Mega, the Teensy VS2019 instance port number gets changed to 8 right after the program uploads.

I don't know if this is a VS2019 issue or a VM issue.  Has anyone else seen this?

TIA,

Frank

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS2019 Com Port Number Changes With multiple VS instances
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2020 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
This means you have switch on vMicro>General>Auto select board port

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint