Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compiler advanced options window does not open... (Read 582 times)
spinjector

Compiler advanced options window does not open...
Nov 9th, 2020 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I recently started using VM. I was exploring the menus and found if I click vMicro > Compiler > Advanced, nothing happens. Is there an options dialog supposed to open, but apparently isn't..?

I re-installed, but it didn't help.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Compiler advanced options window does not open...
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2020 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Hi

That command opens the same tool window "Properties Window" that you can normally access by pressing F4 with a project selected in the Solution Explorer. The command should also ensure the Project is selected in the Solution explorer before attempting to open the properties window.

When a project is selected there should also be a "View > Properties Window" using the standard VS menu at the top of the screen.

The Properties Window is available all files and shows a lot of useful info unconnected to Visual Micro such as file path. Only when an Arduino project is selected in the Solution explorer will the properties window shows the advanced visual micro settings.

Being a tool window it is possible that it is minmized or pinned in a way where you can't see it such as on a tab strip shared with more than one tool window?

IP Logged

spinjector

Re: Compiler advanced options window does not open...
Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2020 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Simon@Visual Micro wrote on Nov 9th, 2020 at 4:14pm:
This opens the properties window for the project in Visual Studio.

Ahh, ok. I always have the properties pane open & docked on the right. Been doing that since Visual Studio 6. Oh...and I see all the other properties & settings there now too. I hadn't noticed those before. Thanks. 👍

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint