Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic cannot open source file arm_compat.h (Read 1331 times)
cornell_biophys_grad
Newbies

cannot open source file arm_compat.h
Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:45am
Print Post  
I'm new to visual micro, but have been using visual studio for a while and have lots of PIC experience.  I've got an Adafruit Metro M0 (similar to Arduino Zero) that I'm using in my latest project.  On a new project I'm getting E1696 cannot open arm_compat.h, followed by a host of other errors because of the missing include file.  This #include is in cmsis_armclang.h.  I can compile and upload basic code using I/O and serial communications, but calling __disable_irq() causes a failure.

Can anyone offer some insight into where arm_compat.h should be (I've searched my computer and its nowhere to be found) or a workaround for the missing intrinsics which appear to be declared in it?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: cannot open source file arm_compat.h
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:55am
Print Post  
It sounds like you are reporting an intellisense error. Intellisense is seperate to the build. The build is 100% correct and the error list can be set to Build Only. 

We can improve the intellisense for many boards but not always 100%. 

It is possible we can add better support for the architecure. Please try to the follow the guide in yellow above so that we can see which tool chain versions you have installed + general config. Then we can try it out.

Intellisense aside, if the build fails attempting to use __disable_irq() then it isn't supported by the SAMD toolchain. The intellisense might be giving you misleading information. We can look into it with the info requested.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:55am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

cornell_biophys_grad
Newbies

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Here is the information requested.  I checked and you were right, it's an intellisense error.  I am able to compile and upload the code with __disable_irq() and it's functional.  I had a stupid typo in my code that I fixed.  intellisense still generates and error for "noInterrupts()" and "__disable_irq()" but it compiles and runs fine.  Thank you for your help.

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
The intellisense errors should be improved in the latest version (20.09.10.16) from the below board:
https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=VS_ARDUINO_EXT_RELEASES

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint