Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ESP32 TTGO T1 16mb How do I access the extra memory partition scheme (Read 2226 times)
Chazza
Newbies

ESP32 TTGO T1 16mb How do I access the extra memory partition scheme
Mar 4th, 2021 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hi
I am using VMicro in VS2019
I have the following mcu TTGO T1 16mb QSPI  Please see
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTGO-T-Display-ESP32-WIFI-BLT-Module-Development-Boar...

it is has
FLASH QSPI flash 16MB
SRAM 520 kB SRAM

I can select 16mb (128Mb) under under flash size in VM  but cannot change the partition scheme to anything to take into account the extra memory available. What do I need to do please to setup up larger partition for my chip?
Any help is much appreciated
Chazza 

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: ESP32 TTGO T1 16mb How do I access the extra memory partition scheme
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Hi

Visual Micro shows the options provided by the author of the core that you are using. This is the same as how the Arduino IDE works which has the same menu system. 

Therefore the first place to ask is on the git site or web site of the author. When you pose the question to them ask how to do that with the Arduino IDE because that is the standard they work too. Visual Micro will automatically show the same.

If you hit a brick wall then let us know here and we will explain how to override the settings if that is possible with that core. Overriding settings in Visual Micro is best as last resort so that project build compatibility with the Arduino IDE is maintained.

I hope this makes sense?

IP Logged

Chazza
Newbies

Re: ESP32 TTGO T1 16mb How do I access the extra memory partition scheme
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Hi Tim
Thank you for your reply
I do not seem to be getting anywhere with the vendor. If you give me the explanation on how to do this I would be grateful
Regards
Chazza

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint