Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic [STM32] Intellisense is not working properly (Read 1418 times)
Meetem
Newbies

[STM32] Intellisense is not working properly
May 8th, 2021 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Hello, I'am coding for a long time on STM32F1 boards. But Intellisense is broken from start for both Dan Drown's and STMicroelectronic (stm32duino) cores. Looks like there's something bad with headers.

Typical IntelliSense errors are:
sscanf/sprintf/.../e.t.c stdio functions (Too many arguments)
minmax/abs/.../e.t.c cmath functions
inttypes like uint8_t, int32_t wasn't working in previous VisualMicro versions (sense telling that they're not defined), but now they are seems to be working somehow.

Versions:
Visual Studio 2019
Visual Micro 2021.427.0
stm32duino core 2.0.0
Dan Drown's core 2021.3.18

Note that's only IntelliSense problem, building and uploading working as they should, but IntelliSense errors are quite annoying.

There's a simple project to reproduce. (you can use STM32F103C8T6 board is used as example)
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2021 at 6:46pm by Meetem »  

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: [STM32] Intellisense is not working properly
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2021 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report, detail and project.

Would it be possible to set the verbose and show build properties options and attach the full build output as a text file?

We will continue to investigate the issue, and this additional information will greatly help.

IP Logged

Meetem
Newbies

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2021 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Ok, so I'am opened project (which was zipped in this thread) on other PC (cause I don't have access to original PC I'am working on) and sscanf/sprintf shows correct IntelliSense. But, when I'am opening my old project IntelliSense is even more broken, sscanf/sprintf/e.t.c are undefined, though build working just fine. There's output log for old project where IntelliSense doesn't work. 
I suppose there is a dependency from windows sdk version or something...

UPD: In my old project .ino file name and .vcxproj names are different, may be this is the problem, now when I've renamed .vsxproj file and readded all sources (that is why I haven't renamed it before, cause whole project files are broken) IntelliSense is working correct, at least on this machine. Once I've get access to my other PC I'll check it there (may take smth around month)

UDP2: After build memset/strncpy/sscanf/e.t.c (at least) prompted as undefined :c .Although cstring and memory are included. And was working right five minutes ago.

UDP3: Looks like once when I choose "Release" build in top panel (which I actually want to) IntelliSense going crazy. But when I switch back to Debug it's ok. May be I've got it incorrect and this Solution Configuration is not for real Visual Micro Debug/Release, but whole time I thought so.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2021 at 7:41pm by Meetem »  

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2021 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update and detail, and we will continue to investigate and improve this area.

The latest release (21.04.27.6) should improve intellisense on both cores for the STM32F1 boards, which is available from the top of the below board:
https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=VS_ARDUINO_EXT_RELEASES

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint