Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Disappearing toolbars (Read 1019 times)
Taurus Bass Pedals

Disappearing toolbars
Jun 29th, 2021 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
While customizing toolbars in VS 2019, I tried to enable all the Micro toolbars (Micro Board Debug Options, Micro Board Options, etc.).  When I click Micro Boards, Micro Project or Micro Serial Communications, they appear briefly and then disappear without any explanation.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Disappearing toolbars
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Please use vMicro>Toolbar Auto Visibility.

If auto is enabled then Visual Micro will hide show toolbars based on an Arduino project being active. If manual, then you have full control.

IP Logged

Taurus Bass Pedals

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks Tim.  That worked as expected.  I understand that this was a newbie question, but still - if the extension is going to show a toolbar and then hide it immediately, it would be great if it told you why it's doing that.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2021 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Hi

When the ide loads it shows the bar in the last state. If an arduino project is not active then when visual micro loads it applies the correct visbility settings.

That was a bug that crept in during the past month that did not cater correctly for toolbar visbility when the solution contained multiple arduino projects. That bug was resolved in the last update and might have added to the problem.

The auto visbility should work accuratly. I am still a little confused by your report. Were you asking for the arduino tool bars to be displayed when you are working on a non-arduino project?

IP Logged

Taurus Bass Pedals

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Tim,
re: "Were you asking for the arduino tool bars to be displayed when you are working on a non-arduino project?"
No, I've been doing nothing in VS recently except trying to learn my way around your extension.  I was just confused by what happened when I clicked on Micro Boards etc., and the toolbar would flash on briefly then disappear without explanation (because of the auto/manual toolbars setting, but it doesn't give you you any indication that that's the reason).  It just looks like there's something weird happening.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint