Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Export a Project for free Arduino IDE build (Read 980 times)
skc
Newbies

Export a Project for free Arduino IDE build
Sep 21st, 2021 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Hi

Just to say Visual Micro Arduino IDE is brilliant. Saves so much time developing compared to the limited free Arduino IDE.

So this question may seem backward...

Is there an automated way to reverse a finished project out of the Visual Micro environment back to the free Arduino IDE environment. So that I can give the project to others to Build who won't have access to Visual Studio or the Visual Micro extension. 

I know I could do this manually, setting up the paths the VS/VM environment determines automatically, but is there a  more automated way to exporting the project into a format that will build within the free Arduino IDE?

Thanks

SKC

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Export a Project for free Arduino IDE build
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2021 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback.

If you Enable the vMicro > Compiler > Always Export Sources as ZIP option, then a ZIP file will be created each build, containing all source files.

This should then open and build in the Arduino IDE as expected.

IP Logged

skc
Newbies

Re: Export a Project for free Arduino IDE build
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 6:48am
Print Post  
That almost works. I have followed the C++ convention of using #include <> for library routines and #include "" for local or shared code projects (as they all end up in the same folder at build time). The <> brackets are causing a bit of a problem.

I guess this comes down to understanding the free Arduino IDE's convention of folder referencing, and is not a VM problem.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint