Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Project lists Windows SDK and Visual C++ header files in"External Dependencies" (Read 1979 times)
principia

Project lists Windows SDK and Visual C++ header files in"External Dependencies"
Feb 9th, 2022 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Hi
I am using VS2019 and the latest Visual Micro Extension. I use VS2019 for Arduino and Microsoft VC++ development. When I set the board type to Z-Uno 2 (see https://z-uno.z-wave.me/files/z-uno2/package_z-wave2.me_beta_index.json for the board definition) VS2019 and Visual Micro act as if its a VC++ project including .h files from the MSVC runtime and the Windows 10 SDK (see attached image). This causes Intellisense and compilation errors.

Is there something I should configure to prevent this? I've attached the the .vcxproj file to help see what's going on.

Andy

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Project lists Windows SDK and Visual C++ header files in"External Dependencies"
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.

We will have to investigate this further, and apply updates for the Intellisense errors.

If you are also experiencing build errors, please enable the settings shown at the top of this page, and attach the full build log, ideally also with a simple sketch to reproduce the build issue.

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Project lists Windows SDK and Visual C++ header files in"External Dependencies"
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
The intellisense errors should be improved in the latest build (22.02.18-0) which is available from the top of the below board:
https://www.visualmicro.com/forums/YaBB.pl?board=VS_ARDUINO_EXT_RELEASES

IP Logged

principia

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Simon
Thanks for the update which has removed the Intellisense errors. The "External Dependencies" still list the MS C++ files, such as corecrt_malloc.h, all shown in my original image. I'm not sure why this happens or what I can do to prevent it. It doesn't happen for otherĀ  boards, eg an Arduino Nano.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2022 at 8:06am by principia »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint