Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic vMicro Compiler performance problem (Read 947 times)
Biz
Newbies

vMicro Compiler performance problem
Apr 28th, 2022 at 3:05am
Print Post  
I have installed Visual Micron on Visual Studio 2022, works great, everything functions right, except while it is compiling a schetch, it hugs all resources in such way that I am unable to use any of Visual Studio controls like Menu options, mouse movement, or the editor during the compile process, which is extremely slow. My Lap is an Asus Gaming machine and it is a very powerful with lots of memory and solid state drives. 

I was told to set Parallel Build to true. It is not helping at all! I verified the Widows registry, the Parallel Build is set to true, so is in the vMicro's options. What Visual studio or Visual Micro configuration do I need to change to fix this problem?

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: vMicro Compiler performance problem
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.

How often are you seeing this? (it should only be on the first build of the project or after a solution clean, as all other builds should be quick with the caching system)

Can you confirm what board you are using, and if possible provide the log from a build as shown in the yellow box at the top of the page?

IP Logged

Biz
Newbies

Re: vMicro Compiler performance problem
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2022 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
It is slower the first time, however, it still hugs all IDE resources during compile time in such a way that I am unable to continue editing or performing source code searches on the IDE or use any of menu options. It takes 5 to 10 seconds for the IDE to accept a mouse click in the editor! I must have set something incorrectly in my path or in system variables. Here is my system and user path:

User Path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\8 2018-q4-major\bin;C:\Tcl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools Arm Embedded\7 2018-q2-update\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Support Tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS m32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Utilities 1.6\;C:\Program gh;C:\Users\eghav\.dotnet\tools;C:\Program ata\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin

System Path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\jdk-11.0.12.7-hotspot\bin;C:\Program Files\Eclipse m Files\iis express\PHP\v7.1;C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.3;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Support Tools\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA ;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Utilities 1.6\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Plantronics\Spokes3G\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\150\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Azure Data Studio\bin;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Program \System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program ogram Files\Git\cmd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint