Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compilation problems (Read 619 times)
zzcrew
Newbies

Compilation problems
Jul 9th, 2022 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
How can I reset all visual micro settings to default, without losing my registration information? I am having a lot of trouble with compiling a sketch for my nodemcu board (and the entire esp8266 package). The exact same sketch compiles flawlessly on arduino!!! I am using arduino ide V2. I would also like to know where visualmicro stores setting for board configurations, so I can  reset the settings stored for the nodemcu board. I know my problem can be fixed because the sketch did compile properly once at some point in time. Also , at some time as well my other esp8266 board(s) compiled properly. Thanks, and stay safe

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Compilation problems
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2022 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Most of the settings are dynamically read from the configuration. Many problems for new users are often related to the config paths. There are only a few and most should be left empty to use the same config as the Arduino IDE.

The best thing to do is to follow the yellow guide near the top of this page. Then we will be able to either explain the solution or discuss the issue.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint