Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Error: couldn't open C:\Users\cstef\AppData\Local\arduino15\ .. .. \bootloader_qio_80m.bin (Read 1872 times)
Christoph

Error: couldn't open C:\Users\cstef\AppData\Local\arduino15\ .. .. \bootloader_qio_80m.bin
Sep 15th, 2022 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I built my debugger more than a xear ago by milled PCB, so wire connection should be no problem, because everything worked well. No on my home PC, I m not sure but I believe I one time debugged ESP32 @ home, despit I can not debugg simple blink example.

All setup is done as described in the tutorials vmicro.

Output.txt is attached.

Many thanks in advance,
Christoph

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Error: couldn't open C:\Users\cstef\AppData\Local\arduino15\ .. .. \bootloader_qio_80m.bin
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.

Can you update Visual Micro to the latest version available from the Download Page below, and see if this resolves the issue?
https://www.visualmicro.com/page/Arduino-Visual-Studio-Downloads.aspx

IP Logged

Christoph

Re: Error: couldn't open C:\Users\cstef\AppData\Local\arduino15\ .. .. \bootloader_qio_80m.bin
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your urgent response!

Okay after update VS micro version I m getting error window

Unable to start debugging. Unable to establish a connection to GDB. Debug output may contain more information.

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the update, can you update the ESP32 board package to v2.0.3 or v2.0.4 as I believe this version has an issue with the GDB.exe packaged with it.

The board package update will resolve this side of things as well.

IP Logged

Christoph

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Thank you for now! Unfortunately there is again an error Sad

My cable for FT2232H mini modul is different but I used it for download pictures from my gopro.

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Thanks for the update, can you attach the log file from the below location:
Code
Select All
ugOpenOCD.log 

Can you also confirm the pins used in the sketch are not any of the JTAG pins (12,13,14,15)?

IP Logged

Christoph

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2022 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Hello again and sorry for the big delay!! I got stuck in some other arduino project.

Here is the desired file attached.

Unfortunately I can not attach files anymore Sad I will send via email and the link of this post.

About the blink code, I can confirm only using 
#define LED_BUILTIN 2

and the code with digitalWrite() and delay()

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2022 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Thanks for the log and the confirmation.

If you are uploading the sketch via the programmer, I suspect it isn't actually running (opening the serial monitor will prove if this is the case, as it will be constantly outputting errors/resetting).

Can you upload the sketch using the USB-Serial connection directly to the ESP32, and then try attaching the debugger from Debug > Attach to Process?

IP Logged

Christoph

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2022 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Okay successfully working! Why isnt it workling like the usual way ?

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2022 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
From my current understanding there is something different or incorrect with the bootloader.bin images uploaded when using the programmer in the 2.0+ versions of the ESP32 Board Packages.  We are still investigating the fix for this.

If you add a local board.txt to your project (vMicro > Add Code > Local board.txt), and paste the below content, it won't upload the bootloader (just sketch, app, partitions), which should allow the upload via programmer to work correctly:
Code
Select All
tools.openocd.program.pattern="{program.path}/{program.cmd}" {program.verbose} -s "{program.path}/share/openocd/scripts/" -f "interface/{openocddebugger}" -f "board/{upload.openocdscript}" -c "echo -n {****[vMicro]**** Uploading App :}" -c "telnet_port disabled; program {{runtime.platform.path}/tools/partitions/boot_app0.bin} 0xe000"  -c "echo -n {****[vMicro]**** Uploading Sketch :}" -c "program {{build.path}/{build.project_name}.bin} 0x10000"  -c "echo -n {****[vMicro]**** Uploading Partitions :}" -c "program {{build.path}/{build.project_name}.partitions.bin} 0x8000 reset; shutdown" 

IP Logged

Christoph

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2022 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Added board.txt solved the problem as you described and programming via debugger is now working liked the common way.

Thank you very much for your helpĀ  Smiley
Christoph
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2022 at 9:58am by Christoph »  

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2022 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Just to update on this, there was an issue in the 2.0.4 ESP32 Board Package which caused the bootloader issue.

If you update it to 2.0.5, and then comment out the board.txt entry (put a # at the start of the line), it should then work as expected after rebuilding and uploading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint