Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update to Visual Micro 2.0 fails - Package 'CPython39.Exe.x64' failed to install (Read 1193 times)
Danie1

Update to Visual Micro 2.0 fails - Package 'CPython39.Exe.x64' failed to install
Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
I wanted to update my Visual Studio installation and all extensions where I encountered an issue with the new visual micro package. According to the log (see attached): "Package 'CPython39.Exe.x64' failed to install"
The issue happens when doing the auto-update as well as installing it per direct download from the website.

Can you help me with this, please?
Visual Micro is now completely gone from my VS installation.

Best Regards
Daniel

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Update to Visual Micro 2.0 fails - Package 'CPython39.Exe.x64' failed to install
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.

Can you confirm which version of Windows you are running, and that it is an x64 Architecture (all information is available in Control Panel > System)?
(

IP Logged

Danie1

Re: Update to Visual Micro 2.0 fails - Package 'CPython39.Exe.x64' failed to install
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Hi Simon,
it is Windows11 on x64.
But I must admit I fixed the problem. For further generations:
A hint on the visual studio forum pointed me to the python package residing here: chip=x64" 
Repari/modify/uninstall did not work, so I deleted a presumable faulty registry key from " Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\3.9" and did the installation of visual micro again.
I now can confirm that it works again as expected.
Best Regards
Daniel

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2022 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Glad you have it working again, and thanks for the detail on how to resolve this issue on this setup.

The issue was the visual studio extension installer finding an issue with your visual studio installation, unrelated to visual micro. If the extension installer is unhappy then it will fail to install all extensions. 

Normally we don't see this problem, I guess it was related to an old extension you had that needed an update and that relied on external components

« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2022 at 2:29pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint