Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS2019, vMicro forgets IDE Arduino 2.0 preference (Read 1015 times)
Bernd Neudecker
Newbies

VS2019, vMicro forgets IDE Arduino 2.0 preference
Dec 29th, 2022 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I changed from Arduino V1.8.x to V2 ( with Installer, IDE location ist at D:\arduino-2.0.3

I get a message every time I start VS2019:

Intellisense was unable to find Arduino or compatible boards packages.
  To install hardware package(s) use 'Manage Boards' or configure an Arduino IDE location.

Building a project is not possible. 

I must change then Extensions/vMicro/IDE from Arduino 1.6/1.8 to Arduino 2.0 (every new start of VS again!)

Using extra Window <Configure IDE locations> -> Arduino V2.0 is not working, after this Extensions/vMicro/IDE is showing Arduino 1.6/1.8 (no change happens)

Everything is up to date:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.11.22
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio by Visual Micro   19.0 (2022.429.1900)

I reinstalled Arduino V2.0.3 a second time
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2022 at 12:32pm by Bernd Neudecker »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS2019, vMicro forgets IDE Arduino 2.0 preference
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2022 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Hi, for Arduino 2 you do not need to enter the path to an IDE. 

It sounds like you still have the arduino 1.6/1.8 app selected in Visual Micro. You should leav that pointing to arduino 1x folder or clear the ide path if you do not use 1x anymore.

For arduino 2 you will see there is an Arduino 2 app on the tool bar and in the vMicro>Apps list. For Arduino 2 there is not configuration you simply have to select the Arduino 2 app in Visual Micro.

Visual Micro allows both 1x and 2x IDE to be configured at the same time using the seperate Application names shown in the image.

Does this make sense?

Please Register or Login to the Forum to see File Attachments
IP Logged

Bernd Neudecker
Newbies

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2022 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Ok, it works now.

The IDE-Location was not valid any more at the time i switched every time to V2 because i renamed the old directory D:\arduino-1.8.6 as I installed D:\arduino-2.0.3

But: The only way i can solved it was before i switch to V2 in <Configure IDE locations> window, i must manually delete the old (invalid) path D:\arduino-1.8.6 and then do the switch to V2. This was not intuitive, because the <Configure IDE locations> IDE path is greyed out when I select V2.

Or in other words. If there is an (old) not excisting IDE path configured in Visual Micro under 1.6/1.8, i cannot do a permanent switch to V2. Visual Micro switches back to 1.6/1.8 every new start of Visual Studio.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2022 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Useful thanks. There are clearer messages in the next release when the IDE location is invalid.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2022 at 9:49pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint