The Raspberry Pi Pico board can also be converted to be a Debug Probe, allowing you to debug another Raspberry Pi Pico board in vMicro.
The Hardware Debug option for the PicoProbe is available in release 2022.0429.04 onwards.
Creating the Probe
To create the probe, simply flash your board as shown in the instructions below:
You will need to use the Zadig tool to update the drivers for the PicoProbe device.
- Connect the PicoProbe to your PC via USB Lead
- Download the Zadig tool from https://zadig.akeo.ie/
- Run the Zadig tool
- Click Options > List All Devices
- Select the PicoProbe (Interface 2) device
- Ensure the WinUSB Driver is selected
- Click Install Driver (this can take a few minutes)
- The WinUSB driver should be up to date as shown below
Setting up the Debugger
Follow the Wiring diagram and instructions shown on this page to configure your project for debugging with the PicoProbe.