The Visual Micro license model changed in June 2018. All features are now available in a single product. After evaluating for 90 days you should then buy. A new lower pricing system with 50% off for students means that Visual Micro should be an affordable purchase and we can continue to enhance the software.
Please join the thousands of indivuduals and companies who have been using Visual Micro for many years. This page shows some of the features of the current paid version. The pro/paid version of Visual Micro is expanding all the time.
Some features might not be available for some hardware (let us know in the forum thanks)
- Visual Micro's unique debugger (when supported) (Read more)
- Faster build system
- Ad free
- No forced updates or nags
- Serial/COM auto-detect connection/reconnect
- Serial send charp style escape characters to the Arduino
- Serial Monitor - Logging
- Serial exception stack trace (standard for some boards can be configured for other boards that provide serial exceptions)
- Local project board.txt build and upload property overrides
- Share code files/short cuts from other projects
- Organize code into non standard sub folders (note: the \src sub folder(s) is supported in all versions)
- Data Plots and Charting
- Uploading without recompile
- Use the Library Manager to install new libraries
- Disassembly viewer (where supported, request new hardware in forum)
- Advanced memory report
- Almost real-time free memory report
- Add compiler flags
- Pre and post build events
- Support for additional programmers
- 1 year of free pro updates
- Off-line activation version (with zero-internet) available for site licences
We try our best to support all features for all boards and ide's. It's not always possible to achieve that so please report issues and make requests in our forum. We will always try our best to fix issues and add new features but there are no guarantees. This applies to requests for usb or gdb debug support for currently unsupported or pre-release hardware.
Thank you for supporting this project.