Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Serial communication (Read 4281 times)
Vitali_N
Newbies

Serial communication
Feb 21st, 2017 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Hello forum,

I understand, that I am not alone who thinks about it. And maybe it is a simple thing for every body who knows C++ and Arduino.

But I could not find a real help in internet about how to use serial communication. 

What I mean is why I can use serial monitor in IDE to read serial data, but there is no good way to read the same serial port from a Visual Studio C++ console application for example? 

To make a variable "SerialMessage = Arduino.Serial.Read()" or something similar. 

please help me to understand why is there so small info about this in internet and there are only some thirdparty advices for MS Excel.

Why no good functions for Visual Studio C++ and Delphi (C++/Pascal) and MS Excel VBA?

I feel exhausted to find answers. Or give me some links on how to understand this.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Serial communication
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Thanks for the question. This forum is too small for general tutorial help. The forum is designed only to support the Visual Micro plugin.

There are many www sites that can help you. Search google for:- 

C# Arduino Serial

IP Logged

Vitali_N
Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
ok, thank you, excuse me for using forum for off-topic. By the way, if Visual Micro is imtegrated into Visual Studio, and Visual studio has possibilities to make console applications and forms, - why not extending Visual Micro to use those possibilities and for example make it possible to make a combined project, where some body could switch between computer interface and Arduino sketch. But ok, I will try further Visual Micro is a great program please keep on.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks. It's no problem asking these questions here but not always the best answers Smiley

Yes we have been considering how to make remote control and monitor programs automatically. Maybe just provide a bare bones serial read/write to get people started.

However you will find it very easy. Look at my answer on stackoverflow

Arduino Serial C# Basics

« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:17pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint