Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Project Unavailable! (Read 2991 times)
Harrzack

Project Unavailable!
Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Went to open an older project to re-load it and VS says "ProjectName" (unavaliable)
   The project file was unloaded

AFAIK I've changed nothing in the system: Visual Studio 2015, latest VM, Windows 10.
All has been working fine.  I DID install the "new" "Visual Studio Code" editor in preps to try some Python...  wondering if that may have changed something.

I've never encountered this before.    I worked with this project last December.  Any ideas what I may have done to cause this odd 'breakage'?   Cheesy

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Project Unavailable!
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
The vs file system is very simple and all files are text files that you can open and inspect. 

A .sln (solution) is the simplest of files and points to the location of a project usually using relative paths such as "Project1.vcxproj"

If you see the message you see then you can usually assume the project no longer exists or is in a different location or you are using an invalid .sln that you did not previously use. 

In any event edit the file to see what project is is trying to open or open the vcxproj instead of the solution.

IP Logged

Harrzack

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Yes - I prob moved the project incorrectly.  Inside the standard Sketches folder I have other folder where I keep projects for the New Jersey.   

I've always stumbled with trying to properly move a project from Sketches to another folder...  When creating an Arduino Project in VS/VM is there a way to direct the project to a specific folder, rather than the defaults?

I'll study those files - thanks!    -A.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Only the solution file (sln) is the issue. It's normally easy to edit and change the references yourself but if you use the correct workflow you should never need to (or rarely)

The most important thing when creating new projects is to save the solution with the project or above the project so that relative paths are used in the .sln file.

If you want to rename a project then open it with visual micro and rename the projectName.ino. You will be prompted to rename the project and containing folder.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint