Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Digital Pin Monitor Pins 16 & 17 green or red? (Read 2310 times)
JusticeMan
Newbies

Digital Pin Monitor Pins 16 & 17 green or red?
Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Within my SparkFun Redboard (UNO Clone) project it is very important that I can see all the digital pins to visually see each current state as my finite state machine runs the in context digitalRead(using the input_pullup) or digitalWrite (output) code (high or low).  I have no need for analog readings.  In Visual Micro ... I am seeing pins 0 thru 15.  Since I need the analog pins as digital ... I prefer the acceptable practice of A0 thru A5 stated as 14 thru 19 in code.  It would be much better to be able to see not just 4 thru 15 as digital pins but also 16 & 17. 

In Visual Micro ... is there a straight forward way for showing the 16 & 17 pins with their status as green or red instead of using the less clear to me Visual Micro's Analog Graph window?  I am using A4(18) & A5(19) as the SDA & SCL for I2C -> LCD though. Also pins  0 thru 3 are being used as Rx & Tx with serial communication.  The non serial pins 4-17 are 100% digital use & needed to be verified as to their current hi or lo state.  I need to skip the usage of the onboard led's pin13 also.  Any Caveats or Suggestions?  Thanks
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:55am by JusticeMan »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Digital Pin Monitor Pins 16 & 17 green or red?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I am not entirely sure what your question is but that might be because I have read your question at speed.

It might help to know  the @plot facility is digital pin aware and can clearly show the state of specific pins without need for the automatic digital pin report.

The documentation for the @plot command doesn't show some of the options that appear on the mini bar above each plot chart (or charts). You will find a useful option that switches the chart to digital pin view mode. (Any changes you make to settings are stored per project and per chart).

http://www.visualmicro.com/page/User-Guide.aspx?doc=Multiplot.html

You can put the same plot command in multiple break points and multiple plot commands in each break point. So your plotting can happen when you need it to happen and be almost real time.

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2017 at 1:15pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint