Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Expression Window (Read 4235 times)
Bryan

Expression Window
Sep 22nd, 2012 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Hi VM:

Perhaps a bug with VS2012 instead, but if I open a solution, close it and open another solution, the Expression window (think that is what it is called), still has the name of the previous solution. Pretty new to Visual Studio so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Cheers

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Expression Window
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Oh yes  forgot to fix that bug. If I recall the window title is wrong but it works correctly? Please can you confirm, I don't have time to check at the moment.

Thanks very much

IP Logged

Bryan

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Well. yes and no. What it appears to be doing is carrying over the watch window and serial window from the previous window. When you start debugging the current project, the correct windows opens up, but the previous watch and serial window from the previous project still persist until closed. Should be worth mentioning that the two projects I use have different com ports, although don't think that has a bearing on the bug at least as far as the expressions window.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Yep it needs sorting thanks for the feedback. 

When you close the serial window of an active debug session it is supposed to close any related visualizations. 

Related windows should also close when you click the "Stop" menu item on the serial window "Bug" button.

I'll try to give it a good test over the next week or so. It's an area that needs to be solid before final release.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint