Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Debugging the Arduino project when the solution has other non-arduino projects? (VS 2012) (Read 2640 times)
Jacob Wang
Newbies

Debugging the Arduino project when the solution has other non-arduino projects? (VS 2012)
Apr 11th, 2013 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Hi all,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to run my arduino project (upload scripts etc) when it exists in a solution containing other non-arduino projects.

I tried (right click on Arduino project) -> Debug -> Start New Instance, but they just give an error along the line of "unable to start program ... arduino_project.exe"

It seems like it is trying to compile it as a C++ program or something but failing to find the .exe file (for obvious reasons). I'd thought that it would use Visual Micro to upload code to the board etc etc.

When I run the thing by itself (in a solution containing the arduino project only) it works totally fine.

Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2013 at 8:23am by Jacob Wang »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Debugging the Arduino project when the solution has other non-arduino projects? (VS 2012)
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Hi Jacob,

Right mouse click the project and "Set as startup project"

Then all options should work. 

I'll look at debug for a non-startup project for future release.

IP Logged

Jacob Wang
Newbies

Re: Debugging the Arduino project when the solution has other non-arduino projects? (VS 2012)
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Great thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint