Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Code being underlined in red - but no compiler errors? (Read 9266 times)
Martyn
Newbies

Code being underlined in red - but no compiler errors?
Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

I have installed AtmelStudio with the visual micro plugin.  I go to create a new sketch project and much of my code gets underlined in red as if there is an error.  I can upload the sketch to the arduino without error but the code highlighting is bugging me - any ideas:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9apn4f1ii22s0x7/Screenshot%202014-01-04%2023.17.21.png

Thanks, Martyn

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Code being underlined in red - but no compiler errors?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for the useful image. Couple of things to try initially...

1) Switch to another board such as Mega2560 then back to the Uno again. Did that give the intellisense a bump and make it work?

2) Email or post the contents of the vsarduino.h file in the Visual Micro folder. Email is info [at] visualmicro.com.

3) Close Atmel, run the Visual Micro installer and click uninstall. Then run again and click install.

Thanks

IP Logged

Martyn
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
OK, I solved it. I had installed the NAGGY extension in order to try and fix another problem (no intellisense for arduino ino files) which had caused the code to be underlines.  I have since fixed the problem by adding .ino to the appropriate registry key. Uninstalled NAGGY and now everything is OK.

Martyn

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Good to know, thanks for the update. 

Intellisense:- Running the Visual Micro installer should have set the reg keys but it sounds like you are working in expert user mode  Smiley

IP Logged

Martyn
Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
"Intellisense:- Running the Visual Micro installer should have set the reg keys"

I installed the whole thing twice but it didn't put .ino files in the appropriate regkey either time.  I am right in that only the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Atmel\Whole Tomato\Visual Assist X\AtmelStudio61\ExtSourceAvr

needs modifying?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Yes that is the right key and for some reason the installer fails to update it for a few users. Keep meaning to put some time in to work out why. It's not supposed to be rocket science, just a reg key  Angry

Thanks for the reminder.

IP Logged

thjakob

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I've a similar problem with Syntax-Highligth etc.  - but I know why.
Missing-Regkeys:
It`s related to the fact, I work with an different user (no Adminrights) and switch to a user with admin rights for installing/uninstalling software.
This way, the visual-micro  `current-user` reg-keys are not set for my  other user I normaly work with (visual micro should set it's current-user reg-keys if they are not present).
For that reason, I have to relaunch the visual micro setup - and choose the `repair` when I`m logged on with my working-user  (for some reason the repair doesn`t need admin rights  Kiss )

Maybe you do the same...?

Disapearing Reg-Keys:
When I play with the Atmel-Studio settings, it arived that I lost the VisualMicro reg keys - as if the AtmelStudio would rewrite/overwrite parts of its current-user-settings - without take care of other keys inserted in that branch by other programs...?

... may be...
Thomas

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Agreed but that would account for a total lack of intellisense. A few days ago I asked the Atmel dev team if they can include our reg keys in their install. They are looking into it for us.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint