Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Toolbars for Visual Micro do not appear automatically in Visual Studio 2015 (Read 8129 times)
justein230
Newbies

Toolbars for Visual Micro do not appear automatically in Visual Studio 2015
Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
The toolbars appear on IDE startup, but when you create a new project the toolbars disappear and you have to show them manually. If there is any way to change this so that it appears automatically, that would be great.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Toolbars for Visual Micro do not appear automatically in Visual Studio 2015
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
That's strange. When any sketch is open you should only have to show them once then they should retain your preference.

You are saying you have to show them manually every time you open the first project after opening the ide or every time you open a project?

IP Logged

justein230
Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
It only happens when I open my first project. This isn't a problem for me personally, however I have an Active Directory domain with 60 (lazy) users, and each computer has its own profile (and there are 18 of those), so having the toolbars enabled automatically would be a huge help for me.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:14pm by justein230 »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Are you able to save the state of other visual studio tool bars between restarts?

IP Logged

justein230
Newbies

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
It works per user. I show the toolbars once and then it sticks. But every user has to do that every time they log in for the first time on a computer. It is doable, but it would be much easier if after installation the toolbars would automatically be enabled.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2015 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Oh I see. Yes I am trying to make the default visible. I added the "correct" setting to the bars as per vs docs but it no worky Smiley

It might be you don't need them. The next release due shortly will always show the serial bar. The add library and add code options have been additionally added to the Visual Micro pull down menu. 

So that should mean that everything on the bars will be on the Visual Micro menu. 

Out of interest, how often do your users need to change programmer or board or add a library? I am wondering if the tool bars are mainly just clutter so feedback appreciated.

IP Logged

justein230
Newbies

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I didn't finish the deployment in time to use it last year (not to mention I had to make some obscure edits to get it to run for all users). However, I know they will be using the serial monitor a lot, the library adding would be nice to have, and lastly the board configuration toolbar is a must. Although, now that the library manager is a pro only feature ( Sad ) I don't know how much use it will get. Thank you for the prompt responses, it means a lot to me as I get ready for this upcoming school year.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Great see how the new release goes.

There are special pro packages for education if you contact info [at] visualmicro.com

IP Logged

justein230
Newbies

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:16am
Print Post  
This new release is already going better and is partially deployed, because I don't have to manually add the registry edits for Intellisense and manually move the plugin to a folder to install it for all users. I just install the extension and it's there for everyone, so thank you for that. We have a limited budget but I will contact that address, thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:16am by justein230 »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Great. Adding intellisense keys was recently moved from "install" to "run" so the older addin works better now. 

However I am really impressed with the Microsoft extension system. 

I agree with your sentiments + the old msi installer and dev issues with add-ins were like a chain around my neck. So far the extension system is like a breath of fresh air and should allow new features to be developed much more easily in future.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint