Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Visual Micro for VS2010 download (Read 7415 times)
Ian
Newbies

Visual Micro for VS2010 download
Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Might be me but I cannot find the latest version of visual micro for VS2010 to download. I understand that it will be discontinued but VS2010 is what I have.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Visual Micro for VS2010 download
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Hi Ian,

Last year Microsoft started to release the ide's for free. First of all with Vs2013 community and more recently with vs2015.

VS2015 no longer supports the older add-in system which is what visual micro used to be. The add-ins were difficult to support and altering the interface was very prone to cause problems. 

Microsoft also released a new extension/plugin installer system when Vs2012 was released which is more reliable and easier to maintain than the older system. The new installer doesn't work in Vs2010.

If you need the last release of vm for 2010 then I think it's here but let me know if you have a problem. https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/aff7d8be-02a2-4afb-b5c9-3c32e8982...

With so many major changes in the arduino world at the moment the releases of visual micro are having to come through quite quickly so if you intend to use ide's that were just out of beta or released after the 2010 version of visual micro you might encounter problems.

Sorry it's a pain. if you have problems with the installs then please read the first point in the Vs2010 section of the faq. If you install VS2015 then please read the note about installing C++ on the downloads page.

Thanks

IP Logged

Ian
Newbies

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Thanks for the prompt reply. I have downloaded it.
I have stayed on Windows 7 because i Just loathe the new look of Windows 10. It is just plain ugly and unsophisticated. I tried VS2012 and just hated the new look so rolled back to VS2010 and just stayed there. I will try VS2015 in the hope that it will be better than VS2012 but I am not holding my breath. Microsoft just seem to have lost the plot.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Yes 2012 was a but ugly. I think we all have to take the new software otherwise we get stuck with older lesser functionality.

It's a relief that the new versions are free. It was hard work for me to support 2008 and 2010.

I think they got it right with 2013 and 2015 is just a little better than that although annoying that C++ is optional and not std.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2015 at 12:18pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint