Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic error "cannot compile core" (Read 2722 times)
Jo Sto
Ex Member

error "cannot compile core"
Nov 10th, 2015 at 9:50am
Print Post  
From German to English via Google Translate ...
I just upgraded from Arduino 1.6.5r3 to 1.6.6 and Visual Micro from 1510.30 to 1511.10. I received the error "can not compile core". A test with 1.6.5r3 and 1511.10 had no errors. I then run "reload toolchains". Then was the Board on Yun and not Mega2560. After switching to Mega2560 it now runs as expected. This is only an information, if someone else has the same problem or it might be a Bug "
And one more thing: The version of VM is displayed correctly in "extensions and updates," but in "Tools> Options> Visual Micro" is 1.1511.03. This confuses some ...

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: error "cannot compile core"
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the post. I will try to see why it is loosing the selected board.

There can be a difference between the gallery ver and api versions. When the api major version is updated it shows a dialog in the ide so I try not to annoy people by changing it for smaller releases.

IP Logged

thjakob

Re: error "cannot compile core"
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Hello and good morning,

Just had the same Problem. Upgraded to visual Micro nov. 11 - and arduino 1.6.6.  (used the admin-login, I do not program arduino while logged on as admin). logged on as `normal`user - and get the error  `cannot compile core`.
Couldn`t solve the Problem by reloading toolchain...
I then remembered to have read years ago, that visualmicro requires us to have started the arduino IDE one time  (without doing anything - just Close it ). doing so - I`m up and running now...    Smiley

Thomas
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2015 at 4:47pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint