Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unable to get code working on a Due (Read 2483 times)
glitchsniffer1
Newbies

Unable to get code working on a Due
Feb 24th, 2016 at 5:09am
Print Post  
I just got an Arduino Due and cannot get a sketch to run on it using Visual Studio 2015 or 2013 using Visual micro.  I can build and upload the sketch, but it doesn't execute on the Due.  I have used the same sketch on the Arduino IDE v1.6.7 and it runs fine.  But, when I compile and upload the same sketch on either version of Visual studio, nothing happens.  I am using the Time library's example sketch TimeRTC.  I can upload to a Mega and an Uno board just fine.  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Unable to get code working on a Due
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I suspect this is already under development. 1.6.7 introduced a new ctags system which is still a little buggy so we are taking a little time to introduce the same but without the bugs. 

If you look at the verbose output from the arduino ide you will see that it is attempting to compile library examples and other invalid files. This is slow but works okay for the time/rtc lib which is new and relies on the ctags system. Yet fails with some other libs.

The work will be completed within the next week or two. In the meantime you can enable "file>preferences>external editor" in the arduino ide so the same code can be open in both VS and Arduino. Edit in VS, click upload in Arduino.

Thanks

IP Logged

glitchsniffer1
Newbies

Re: Unable to get code working on a Due
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know that existed.  I have been using Visual Micro for a few years now and it's good to know that there is good support and solution behind it.  I'll use your solution for the next few releases of VM and if I still have problems after that I'll repost.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint