Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Arduino IDE for Visual Studio

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-
  • Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties and Verbose
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

HomeSearch Tutorials & Wiki visualmicro.com LoginHelpRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cannot simply start new project and compile (Read 1142 times)
orbitcoms

Cannot simply start new project and compile
Sep 28th, 2017 at 4:40am

Can someone point me to up-to-date documentation for creating and compiling a VM project.
I follow the steps on the site and get these results in both Visual Studio and Atmel Studio: Do we now need to do some jiggery/pokery to start new projects that will compile and can debug?

Compiling debug version of 'Sketch1' for 'Arduino Mini w/ ATmega328P'
     Preprocess: "C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atm
el3.5.4-arduino2\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DVM_DEBUG_BREAKPAUSE -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE=VM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_SERIALUSB=18 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_USBAPI=17 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_NET_UDP=16 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL3=15 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL2=14 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL1=13 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_CDCSerialClass=12 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_COSA=11 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_Uart=10 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_NET_CONSOLE=9 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_TTYUART=8 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_USBSERIAL=7 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_USART=6 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_UART=5 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_TEENSY=4 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_USB=3 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_FASTSERIAL=2 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_SOFTWARESERIAL=1 -DVM_DEBUGGER_TYPE_HARDWARESERIAL=0 -DVM_DEBUG_BANDWIDTH_THROTTLE_MS=25 -DVM_DEBUG_ENABLE=1 -DVM_DEBUG   -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10804 -DARDUINO_AVR_MINI -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" "C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp\VMBuilds\Sketch1\mini_atmega328\Debug\Sketch1
.cpp" -o "nul"
   Object reference not set to an instance of an object

An error was encountered during the 'Deep Search' library discovery process.
Debug build failed for project 'Sketch1'

IP Logged

Visual Micro
Administrator

United Kingdom
Re: Cannot simply start new project and compile
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 1:14pm

no

Why not say which hardware and you are using and provide verbose build output with "show build propprties" enabled. Then we will see you config and be able to help

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print