Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Debugging Arduino Uno Code on Simulator using serial (Read 1743 times)
phunkz
Newbies

Debugging Arduino Uno Code on Simulator using serial
Jan 21st, 2018 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Hello,
maybe im totally wrong but i would like to debug the code using the simulator and printing serial.output to the Visual micro terminal window.

1.) The terminal window stays quiet. I have no idea to which port to set it to get the simulator output. It's set to the programming port com8 with the device on.

2.) At the moment im using the trial version with arduino uno. But gdb-debugging should only work for the zero. 
Can i use full gdb-debugging or not or do apply additional restrictions?

3.) Im stepping through the code but F10 - step over does sometimes do not step over. E.g. creating a new object steps into the "new" and the constructor instead of stepping over as wanted. All optimizations turned off, mrelax off.
Ive tried also the "best debugger experience" setting.

Any ideas?
Many thanx in advance.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Debugging Arduino Uno Code on Simulator using serial
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Hi,

The simulator is not a Visual Micro tool. Please contact Microchip.com with questions about Atmel Studio.

I expect the sim will simulate all I/O therefore I doubt it will connect to windows as a COM port. If it does then both visual micro or the arduino ide serial monitor should be able to connect to it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint