Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Consolidate Files/Dependencies into Project Folder (Read 2020 times)
DisplayName
Newbies

Consolidate Files/Dependencies into Project Folder
Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:16am
Print Post  
I would like a feature that allows me to consolidate all the project dependencies into the project folder, without having to manually copy across files/folders.

I would also be good to be able to update/roll back these modules and switch between the local and original libraries easily. 

That way my project can be tied to correct (last known working) library versions and uploaded to my git repository as a single independent project.

If there is an existing approach to doing this, I apologise as I have been unable to find an easy solution.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Consolidate Files/Dependencies into Project Folder
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I guess you are just talking about libraries?

Makes sense. We have a menu item for local libs that copies/publishes to sketchbook but you need the opposite. Maybe also a setting that says to always add libraries locally when adding libraries.

IP Logged

DisplayName
Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Yes, I am talking about libraries.
Currently I use the Add Library with the create shared library option. 
It would be great if I had the option to create a local copy of the added library. 
But I also want to consolidate a copy of the platform dependencies into the folder aswell.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I agree there should be a copy local option when adding libs. Dd you know you can copy the libs to wherever you want and then re-add the shared references (but it would be nice to automate this)

It's something I have been thinking about but it feels like the "Solution" should be the place for these things. 

Putting them below the project is prone to complexity and is it not the entire solution that is checked into source control.

Therefore the physical folder structure below the solution should be something like this?

Solution
     Core
     Libraries
     Project

You also need to be able to have multiple sets of cores and libs then maybe just set a path for each in the current project. IE: Support v2 by adding two paths to the current project "\v2\Libraries and \v2\Core"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint