Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Deep search: fatal error: No such file or directory (Read 2274 times)
Agustin_proyect
Newbies

Deep search: fatal error: No such file or directory
Sep 25th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I am using Arduino Ide 1.8.7, I installed the library SparkFunMPU9250-DMP.h and I used it in my project and everything was successfully compiled. 
But if I open the same project in the Visual Studio community  2017 (with the visual micro plugin installed obviously) can not compile the project.

the output says 

Compiling 'MainProgram' for 'Arduino/Genuino Uno'
Build Folder: ase"
Summary: Header=1 Prototypes=3 Imports=0
Additional Defines: 
Architecture Tools: "file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/"
Api: 8301
Sketch Book: "file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/Arduino"
Sketch Include Paths
Core Include Paths
Include Path "file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino"
Include Path rd"

Deep search for libraries ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p   -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10807 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MainProgram\MainProgram" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" Program.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p   -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10807 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MainProgram\MainProgram" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" Program.cpp" -o "nul"

MainProgram.ino: 2:33: fatal error: SparkFunMPU9250-DMP.h: No such file or directory
   compilation terminated

An error was encountered during the 'Deep Search' library discovery process.
Build failed for project 'MainProgram'

I tried to add a new path in VC++ Directories > reference directories but can not compile. 

do you have any advice? 

thanks !!!

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:16pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Deep search: fatal error: No such file or directory
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I am assuming that if the ide was open when you installed the library you restarted visual studio or clicked refresh on the platform explorer?

Please post a .txt file with the verbose build output from the arduino ide. File>Preferences>Verbose compile.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint