Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Esp32 WiFi debugging (Read 1421 times)
NoisyBOY
Newbies

Esp32 WiFi debugging
Dec 17th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I have been trying to get WiFi debugging working with the Esp32 devkitc,  vs2017 and latest visual micro pro.

As far as I can tell from the docs it needs no configuration when using ota upload? It opens up the monitor for the  network port I am using but no data comes through from my trace points. 
I am using bonjour and all uploads fine and data comes through from the tracepoints fine when uploading and debugging via serial port. I have tried a few configurations in the debug settings for remote transport being udp etc. No luck so far.
Has anyone had this setup and tested?

Any info appreciated Smiley

Side note: I love visual micro! Best thing that's happened to my embedded development in years, maybe ever. Keep up the great work!

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Esp32 WiFi debugging
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the note.

WiFi debugging is in beta and might not survive because there are too many variations of esp 8266 and 32 wifi.

Instead we will be discontinuing support for VS2012 and 2013 which then allows us to use the new microsoft GDB tools. This should provide GDB debugging which is better for this purpose.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint