Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Command line for FS upload tool (Read 1119 times)
Sherwood
Newbies

Command line for FS upload tool
Feb 15th, 2019 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
I use Visual Micro primarily for ESP8266 and ESP32 Arduino development.  Works great including the File System upload tools.

However when I am finished development I need to have a production environment that is easier to use for my non-technical colleagues to use to program boards.

Using verbose build output I have found the command line to the ESP tool to upload the bin file, and constructed a simple little utility to encapsulate it. This works great.  Half way there.

However I have not been able to do the same for the file system upload tool.

I know its name (ESP8266FSUpload.exe) from debug output.  But it is not in the default search path and Windows search does not find it.

Is there some documentation somewhere that will show me how to do this?  If so, I can't find it either.  Or is this a tool that is only available via the Visual Micro licence?

I notice it is a different tool than the one used in the Arduino IDE.

Any help would be much appriciated and likely helpful to others.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Command line for FS upload tool
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Yes Visual Micro uses a different system to the arduino ide java.

1)
The easiest solution might be to run the java.exe from below the arduino ide location so that you can invoke the .java uploader plugin that the arduino ide uses.

or

2)
In Visual Micro, if you switch on "vmicro>compiler>verbose" then "publish data files" you should see the upload command which uses the ESP32FSUpload.exe.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint