Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Updating Arduino IDE issue (Read 1571 times)
Abbott HMG

Updating Arduino IDE issue
Dec 7th, 2020 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
WHen I go to update thee Arduinmo IDE it tells me it's going to delete all files/folders from the ../arduino/ folder. I usually move all my solutions and libraries to another folder and then update , moving them back afterwards. This seems silly to me. Is there a way to update the IDE and go thru this process?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Abbott

IP Logged

Simon@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Updating Arduino IDE issue
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
If you install / update the Arduino IDE from the ZIP download, and simply extract on your PC, this will avoid this step in the Windows Installer.

You will find the zip option on the Arduino.cc download page in the same section as the .exe you downloaded. The only advantage of the .exe is that it installs usb drivers. If you have installed the .exe before then you already have the drivers (but they are also always available for seperate install/update via the arduino ide > drivers folder.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2020 at 7:54pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint